Help and Tutorials
How to RegisterTo register select the Log In option at the top right of the screen. This will prompt you to either log in or register. Select Register Now, and follow the prompts to set up your own CrossBid.com Account. This one process will allow you to both buy and sell in one easy to use account.
Your User Account, What does it Offer?Your CrossBid.com Account offers the ability to connect both as a buyer and as a seller. Once logged in, click on the username. This will show several drop downs;
- Log Off: This allows you to log out, for security purposes or for multiple users.
- My List: This takes you to a page offering you to be able to see Your Buyer’s Watchlist or Seller’s Dashboard. Any item you have bid on will also appear in My Buyer’s Watchlist.
- My Wallet: The wallet, holds all your forms of payment. This is where access to your payment methods are found, and also where you can add payment methods.
- My Account: Takes you into a page allowing you to view all listed options above, as well as the account settings.
How do I Change My Password?Once you are logged in you can change your password by clicking on your username located at the top right hand corner of your screen. Click "My Account". At the bottom of this page, under "My Settings" you will see the option to Change Password. Click that option and follow the steps.
Payments & Credit Cards
How do I Add a Credit Card to My Account?To add a credit card to your account you must be logged on. From any page you are on, you will have the option to click on your username. Upon clicking that, there will be a drop down of options, one of those options is “My Wallet”. Choose this option, then you may choose to Add New Card.
Why Do I Need a Credit Card on File?
CrossBid requires that a credit card be registered to every user account for each registrant. The credit card verifies you as a real individual, as well as a paying customer. It is not mandatory that you make payment using this credit card. In fact, you have several payment options.
At auction completion you will have two (2) business days to pay your balance in full. All payments must be completed online, or by calling the office. If you have the winning bid on a lot you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your payment and schedule your pickup.
Currently, we accept the following payment options:
- Wire transfer
- Cash (Only accepted at our Coopersville offices)
If you have not paid your balance in full within two (2) business days, we reserve the right to charge the remaining balance along with a ten ($10.00) dollar processing fee to the authorized credit card.
Tax Exempt?If your business is tax exempt, we will gladly accept tax exemption forms.
You may either fax or email them to our offices.
Need Wire or ACH Transfer Instructions?To request Wire or ACH Transfer Instructions please email or call the offices.
Do you take payment at the sale site?With items being located all over the United States we do not have a person at each location for payment. You may pay online or if you would like to pay by another means you may call our office to arrange a Wire Transfer or an ACH payment.
How to Use the Market PlaceThis is a unique sales approach offering advantages to buyers and sellers of equipment and real estate. The online site allows a seller to post items for sale, allows a buyer to purchase instantly by accepting the advertised price, and also allows a buyer to negotiate back and forth with a seller until a sales price is agreed upon. All offers submitted are needed prior to the closing time of the item(s). Nothing is considered final, until the seller decides to accept the highest offer submitted and select that option.
Can anyone purchase through the CrossBid Market Place?Yes. The registration is free and open to the public to bid, buy or make an offer.
If I submit an offer and someone clicks "Buy it Now" do I get a chance to re-offer?If the "Buy it Now" button is clicked this will end the sale immediately, and the item will be sold. Any other offers will not be accepted.
Can the seller accept an offer at any time during the process?Yes. If the seller receives an offer he may accept the offer during anytime, therefore ending the sale of the item.
Will I be able to see what everyone else is offering?No. All other offers will not be visible until after the sale is finalized. At that point you will be able to see all the offers placed.
When can I submit an offer?On an individual item listing you may submit an offer or Buy it Now once the item is posted on the site. For items within an event you will be able to submit offers or Buy it Now only during the last three days of the event.
If I have an offer placed and another buyer places a higher offer, will I be able to submit a new offer?If a higher offer is placed you will receive a notification alerting you that a higher offer has been placed. However if the seller does chose to except the other offer before you resubmit yours the item will be sold and your offer will not be accepted.
Why does the Buy it Now button disappear at the end of the sale?The" Buy it Now" Feature will be deactivated at the end of the sale to give every bidder an opportunity to submit an offer.
Will the lot stay open or will it close right at the posted closing time?If an offer has been submitted with in the last 5 minutes of the posted ending time the lot will remain open in 5 minute intervals giving the other buyer a chance to resubmit his offer. Once the lot goes a full 5 minutes without an offer the computer will automatically complete the lot.
I have just purchased a Buy Now property, what happens next?
This is a quick summary of the process that will happen. If at any point you have any questions, please feel free to call 616-608-8414 and ask.
- You will receive an email with the purchase agreement, disclosures, and lead paint booklet. It is a .pdf file and can be opened from your computer screen by clicking on the attachment. The Lead Paint Booklet is a separate attachment for your convenience.
- You will need to print out the purchase agreement and disclosures, sign or initial each page. (Every page will have a spot for an initial or signature)
- You will need to fax, email, or overnight ALL the signed or initialed documents back to our office. If you are faxing the docs, our fax # is 866-377-6272 (attn.: Steve). If you are emailing: email@example.com or our street address is: Crossbid Auction Service, 11328 Chicago Dr., Holland, MI 49424.
- You will need to send your deposit amount ahead of or with the fully signed documents. The amount of your deposit is 1% of your purchase price or $1000.00 whatever is greater. The amount is included on Page 1 of the Purchase Agreement. If you are wiring the money from your bank, wire instructions are included. If you are sending a check, it must either be a money order, certified check or good personal check and can be included in the overnight package with your signed documents.
- The signed documents will be sent to the Seller for their signature as the seller.
- Once returned to us from the seller, we will send a copy to the Title Company (Mid State Title) for closing documents to be prepared.
- Once documents are prepared, a settlement statement and instructions will be overnighted to you.
- The closing documents will need to be signed and notarized, and then returned as instructed with remaining funds
- Your deposit will be transferred to the title company
- Title company will complete all paperwork, mail the deed to you and keys (or entry instructions) will be sent to you.
If you have any questions, during the process, please contact our office for help
If I have the winning offer on a piece of Real Estate, what comes next?If you have the winning offer for Real Estate you will be contacted by one of CrossBid’s Real Estate professionals via email with the appropriate documents.
While on CrossBid.com and you are having issues placing bid, offers, accessing your account, or any other technical issues please contact us at 616-608-8411. If a customer service representative is unable to assist you they may transfer you to technical support. For some issues the technical support department may request to access your physical device using GoToAssist.